Was your New Year's resolution to finally run a race? Have you always wanted to experience the excitement of a running a race but the idea of training and actually running just isn't your thing? Join us in Old Town Warrenton on Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 2:29 pm for the Leap Day 0.5K Race - A race for non-runners! All the fun with very little running! Our watering stations will be stocked with local craft beer and cider from Altered Suds Brewery, Wort Hog Brewing Company, and Wild Hare Hard Cider along with Hershey's ice cream from Ellie's Place for plenty of carb loading. Come early. Stay late.
Be sure to stop into the local shops for great deals. Altered Suds Brewing, Wort Hog Brewing Company, and Wild Hare Hard Cider will be hosting after parties inside their locations.
$29 Adults - includes free beer, long sleeve t-shirt
$14 ages 20 and younger - includes long sleeve t-shirt and free ice cream
Proceeds go to Experience Old Town Warrenton to keep our town hopping for the next four years!
Sponsored by Experience Old Town Warrenton, Town of Warrenton Parks & Recreation, Altered Suds Brewery, Wort Hog Brewing Company, Wild Hare Hard Cider
- Long sleeve t-shirt
- scoop of ice cream
- 2* six ounce craft beers, one from Altered Suds Brewery and one from Wort Hog Brewing Company
- 1* five ounce cider from Wild Hare Hard Cider
- This is an untimed, 0.5K-ish fun-run. All level of walkers, leap froggers, runners, and joggers are welcome.
- The street will be closed but out of respect for our local businesses, we will reopen the street to traffic after the event. Please be respectful and clear the street after completion of the race.
- You MUST bring a valid ID or driver's license. You do not need to be 21 to enjoy the event, but you must be 21 to enjoy the beer and cider. Please drink responsibly.
- Our event is rain, snow, or shine! If conditions become unsafe to to run, we will still hang out and drink beer.
- There will not be a bag check; please plan accordingly and dress appropriately for the weather.
- The run starts at 2:29pm. Please plan to arrive 30 minutes prior to check-in, stretch, and check out our sponsors. After the event, please support our sponsors by stopping by and checking them out!
(To save you the calculation 0.5K is equivalent to 0.3 miles.)