Come find out why this year’s haunted prison trail story is called Breakout!
(See if you can escape the terror!)
In 2019, screams will echo across the 55-acre historic Workhouse campus, built on the grounds of the abandoned and notorious DC Department of Corrections Lorton Reformatory. Our frightmasters will debut a fully redesigned trail, spookier scenes and stories, real prison cells, and creepy characters all designed to bring our guests’ darkest fears and nightmares to life.
Dates of the event are Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Halloween. We have set aside three nights this year that will be Alcohol-Free Nights during which no alcohol will be served but still include movies, snacks, and of course the amazingly frightening trail. Those Alcohol-Free Nights include October 6, 13, and 27th from 7:00-10:00 p.m.
- 25 minute trail, walking (or running, depending upon how scared you are)
- Ghost Bar with signature drinks, beer and wine, and snacks
- Scary/horror movies on a big screen in the ballfield waiting area
- Food trucks on select nights
- Please be aware that you will/may experience intense audio, lighting, extreme low visibility, strobe lights, fog, wet conditions, special effects, sudden actions and an overall physically demanding environment. The attraction does allow for wheel chair access, please contact us at [email protected] to let us know you are coming.